Business Owner’s Policy (BOP)
A Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) is an important aspect of a small business insurance portfolio.
Business Owner’s Policy:
Packaged Protection for Small Businesses
It allows you to combine two critical insurance coverage options — business property and business liability insurance — into one broader, more affordable policy.
With one convenient policy, your business is protected against fire, theft, lawsuits and more. Your BOP policy can be customized to meet the unique needs of your business, today and as it grows.
BOP Insurance: The all-in-one solution
Designed for small to mid-sized businesses, a BOP is often more efficient than purchasing various types of insurance separately. Plus, because it is sold as a combined policy, it is generally more cost-efficient than purchasing each coverage option separately. A business owner’s policy typically offers the following:
- Covers structures and permanently attached equipment that your business owns or leases
- Protects business property, such as machinery and raw and completed products
- Provides business interruption coverage, which helps protect your business in the event of a natural disaster
- Protects against third-party claims for property damage or bodily injury due to operations on your premises or products liability
- Covers the cost of your legal defense and any settlement or award should you be successfully sued
- Protects against your liability as a tenant if you cause damage to a property that you rent
- Covers claims of false or misleading advertising, including libel, slander, and copyright infringement
The Right Partner Behind You
A business owner faces many risks. You need an insurance policy that balances affordability and flexibility with the ability to control that risk as much as possible. Over the years, we’ve cultivated relationships with highly rated national and regional carriers. Together, we’ll develop a strategy that meets the requirements of your business and connects you with the carrier that best meets your needs.
What is a Business Owners Policy (BOP)?
A BOP is a package policy for small businesses that combines property insurance, liability insurance, crime coverage and additional protection into one convenient package. Most insurance carriers have customized BOPs for particular industries and types of businesses.