Property and Casualty 101

Property and casualty insurance

Question 6

How does a business normally purchase P&C coverage?

You have several ways to obtain coverage:

  1. Licensed insurance agents or Brokers – These are licensed representatives, who sell the products of a variety of insurance carriers.
  2. Licensed Consultants (paid by the insurance buyer) – They evaluate the needs of a business and recommend the best coverage for the price.
  3. Carrier – They are the issuing company of the insurance policy.

Next Question: What information will you need to supply to obtain coverage?

The information contained in this website represents the products and services available through one of the business groups of Automatic Data Processing Insurance Agency, Inc. (ADPIA). ADPIA services mid and large size clients with various insurance products and services through its other business groups.

All insurance products will be offered and sold only through Automatic Data Processing Insurance Agency, Inc., its licensed agents or its licensed insurance partners, 1 ADP Blvd., Roseland, NJ 07068. CA license # 0D04044. Licensed in 50 states. Automatic Data Processing Insurance Agency, Inc. is an affiliate of ADP, LLC. Certain services may not be available in all states. Certain services are provided through the carrier partners and an additional carrier fee may apply. ADP and the ADP Logo are registered trademarks of ADP, LLC. Copyright © 2016 ADP, LLC.